Sunday, October 29, 2023

Enys Men

Enys Men (Hulu) is a 2022 British experimental folk horror film set in 1973 where a woman on an uninhabited island off the Cornish coast serves as a wildlife volunteer documenting daily observations of a rare flower. It got mostly positive reviews. Count me on the nay side. That's an hour and a half I'll never get back. On the bright side, I did remember this one... trailer:



Roger Ebert's website gave it a positive review, saying, "I was riveted by every moment of this haunting weird film. "Enys Men" made me legitimately uneasy." The Guardian also has a positive review, describing it as "a supremely disquieting study of solitude". Rolling Stone praises it as a cult classic.

*******
I brought in the last of the plants that don't winter outside.

10 comments:

  1. ...your Figus looks happy. I brought in my HUGE Boston fern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had a Boston fern survive inside. They are gorgeous, though, aren't they!

      Delete
  2. I used to have a rubber plant. I love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's always sad when the outdoor plants have to come inside. I brought mine in last month. Sadly my asparagus fern which was huge after a summer outside isn't very happy inside at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had an asparagus fern for a few years, but it did hate it inside and finally faded away :(

      Delete
  4. With your comments, I'll pass on this movie for sure--lol!
    Glad you have some plants that can come indoors for the winter. My flowers have been literally frozen outside since Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could've sworn I replied to this... I do have the house plants that can't live through a winter. I tried a couple of the hardier plants one year, but they didn't make it. Finding room for them is harder every year.

      Delete
  5. I'll pass on the film, but love how healthy your rubber tree is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That plant did really well this summer.

      Delete