Wednesday, October 25, 2023

The Fog (1980)

The Fog (free on Freevee via Amazon Prime and free on Pluto and Tubi) is a 1980 American supernatural horror film directed by John Carpenter and starring Adrienne Barbeau, Jamie Lee Curtis, Tom Atkins, Janet Leigh and Hal Holbrook. It tells the story of a strange, glowing fog that sweeps over a small coastal town in Northern California, bringing with it the vengeful ghosts of leprous mariners who were killed in a shipwreck there a century before. The film has a cult following and deservedly so. Look at the talent involved!

trailer:



Most reviews are positive.

*******


The redbud tree color turns more golden every day.


18 comments:

  1. ...the redbud looks a lot straighter from this angle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so short it's hard for me to get a straight shot.

      Delete
  2. I love this film! Have a great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a good movie. Jamie Lee Curtis, the Queen of Scream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS The Redbud looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember watching this when it came on TV back in the day. Because of all the famous actors in it. Sadly, as you know, I think most of these stories are silly and they do nothing for me. This one was no different. Just better acting--LOL! Your tree is looking lovely!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better acting lol Yes! It does help, but you hafta be willing to buy into the story. That can be hard.

      Delete
  6. I like this movie and I have it on DVD. It deserves a Halloween watch. :) I guess I might be part of that cult following-and I don't even like horror movies-or so I say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many different _kinds_ of horror movies, there's bound to be some sub-genre almost anybody will like. My husband, for example, generally hates horror but loves the old monster movies...

      Delete
  7. I like the colours. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Redbuds are such pretty little trees :)

      Delete
  8. Wow, your Redbud tree looks so pretty! Loving the autumnal golds - beautiful ❤️. Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always loved them in every season. They are a standout in the fall, aren't they!

      Delete
  9. I had NO idea how far behind I was. I actually watched that on Freevee a couple of weeks ago. Your redbud is stunning. It made me smile.

    ReplyDelete