Wednesday, October 04, 2023

The Hunger

The Hunger is a 1983 erotic horror film directed by Tony Scott in his directorial debut, starring Catherine Deneuve, David Bowie, and Susan Sarandon. It premiered at the 1983 Cannes Film Festival, was released in the spring of 1983 by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, and has accrued a cult following within the goth subculture in the years since its release. I can't find this free through any streaming service now, but it's worth looking for. Finding vampire films with any originality is difficult these days, and this one adds a bit of a different take.

trailer:

Reviews were mixed. I liked it.

*******

14 comments:

  1. My mind is boggling trying to think of erotic horror scenes.....whew! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horror movies often explore other film genres -westerns, comedy...

      Delete
  2. ...originality is difficult these days, PERIOD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I saw this a long time ago

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was new to me, but I'm glad I came across it.

      Delete
  4. Glad you enjoyed this one 😊. Take care and happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those actors! Worth watching if only for them.

      Delete
  5. Don't remember even hearing about this one. I would have passed then anyways, as I would now--lol! David Bowie was in so few films, I'm surprised I hadn't heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has a lot of big names, including Tony Scott. I would like to see it, I think.

    ReplyDelete