Thursday, October 12, 2023

Schizoid

Schizoid is a 1980 film I watched because it stars Klaus Kinski. I am surprised at how tame and bloodless this is since it's classed as a slasher film. I watched it on Amazon Prime.

trailer:



1000 Misspent Hours closes with this:
As one of the rare attempts by Hollywood (here represented by Menahem Golan and Yoram Globus) to make a thriller on the giallo model, Schizoid is certainly worth a look, and for fans of Klaus Kinski, it is an absolute must-see. Otherwise, its appeal is decidedly of the “morbid fascination of failure” variety.
Horror News has a mixed review.

*******
The redbud tree leaves are beginning to turn.

10 comments:

  1. ...I see that your nandina is turning red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beginning to turn. I think they are so pretty :)

      Delete
  2. I saw this film, but it was rather tame! Our leaves look just like yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why it's classified as a slasher.

      Delete
  3. Yes, summer has gone! What a great plant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leaves are turning. Cold winds. Fall is here, for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still not cold here, but our high tomorrow (Sunday) is only predicted to reach into the 60s.

      Delete
  5. I'll pass on the film, even though I have Prime. I always love seeing your patio. Will the tree need to be overwintered indoors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It won't fit inside, and I doubt it would like it inside anyway. It's been ok outside in years past.

      Delete