Tuesday, October 24, 2023

The Lamb (2021)

The Lamb is a 2021 folk horror film, an international co-production between Iceland, Sweden, and Poland. The film stars Noomi Rapace. This is a fascinating tale with a lot of atmosphere. It is well-reviewed. I'd recommend it, especially for folks who lean away from the action movie-style of horror or movies with any gore.

trailer:



Roger Ebert's website praises the "fierce sense of originality you won’t be able to shake". The Guardian concludes, "We are not supposed to be scared. What is required of us is compassion and respect for Maria’s strange dignity and strength. It’s a great performance from Rapace." Rolling Stone calls it "the Sweetest, Most Touching Horror-Movie Nightmare You’ve Ever Seen".

*******


Join me at the T Stands for Tuesday blogger gathering?

12 comments:

  1. ...spooktacular mug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The film sounds good. Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun mug. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. The trailer was interesting, but I'm not sure I want to watch this. But it seems to be very atmospheric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have really been digging up some amazing horror films for the season! I don’t think I want to watch any of them, though I’m intrigued by the Yiddish folktale.

    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like gore, so maybe this is one for me. and I do like that mug. I wonder if I could send you some chrysanthemum sprigs next spring? Hmmm. I hope you had a happy T day Nita.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like one of those crazy weird foreign films--yes. Where did you watch it? I am more for weird psychological type scary movies if I am going to watch a scary movie. (Think Sixth Sense--lol!)
    Perfect October mug! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to write that down, and now I can't remember where I saw it :( As I look for it I'm having trouble finding it, partly because so many movies have the same name or include "the lamb" in the title *sigh*

      Delete
  8. Sorry I'm late visiting. I've not been well most of the day. After seeing the trailer, I think I'll pass. However, I love the witch on her broom. It is a great addition to T this Tuesday, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I watched this when if first came out only because I really like Noomi Rapace. Can't wait for Saturday the Nun 2 comes to HBO.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always love your autumnal mugs and this one made me smile 😊. Orange is such a great fall colour and the witch is perfect. Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I'll leave this one, thank you anyway! Love the mug, belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete