Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Four Lions

Four Lions is a 2010 political satire black comedy film. I watched it on Amazon Prime, but it's available free on Youtube. It's age-restricted, so you have to click through to watch it on the YouTube site:



This film is included on the list of 1,001 Movies You Must See Before You Watch. Roger Ebert gives it a positive review and says, "“Four Lions" is impossible to categorize. It's an exceedingly dark comedy, a wicked satire, a thriller where the thrills center on the incompetence of the villains." Rotten Tomatoes has a critics consensus score of 83%.

18 comments:

  1. This sounds good! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I'm not sure that I'm old enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can´t. I sit in Germany - video not available, again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand copyright law :(

      Delete
  4. I really want to watch this tonight when I get home from shopping. Yes, I'm going to venture out to the grocery store for the fist time since 2019.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grocery store is about all I go out for lol

      Delete
  5. I will have to check this out. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like political satire but it said the video was restricted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's age-restricted, yes, so it can't be embedded. You can only watch it at YouTube.

      Delete
  7. Incompetent villains. That sounds like so many politicians.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, idk, the Republicans have been quite competent at getting their will imposed :(

      Delete
  8. That sounds like an interesting film and I’ll copy it’s title for later on. Right now I am politically out, it this is a word. Being a dual citizen I have received huge amounts of French emails on French politics because of the voting 10 days ago, then in the US there is so much politics, too. I tend to feel like watching films on nature for a change. But I’ll keep it in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get my nature fix on my little patio :) We followed the French election with interest.

      Delete