Monday, June 28, 2021

Reap the Wild Wind

Reap the Wild Wind is an Oscar award-winning 1942 swashbuckling adventure film directed by Cecille B. DeMille and starring Ray Milland, John Wayne, Paulette Goddard, Robert Preston, and Susan Hayward.

I watched it at Daily Motion, but that video's not there any more. It's available right now at Internet Archive and via Youtube::



The Hollywood Reporter has a review from the film's original release. Variety says, "The production is a visual triumph. Some of the marine scenes are breathtaking. There is skillful blending of process photography." DVD Talk closes by saying, "From a production standpoint alone, Reap the Wild Wind is a visual feast for the eyes, with many exciting set-pieces. ... Highly Recommended."

Rotten Tomatoes has a critics consensus critics score of 80%. TCM has an article.

14 comments:

  1. This looks good, thanks! Have a wonderful week, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've seen this one. Thanks for sharing the link.

    Sorry I haven't been by to visit much. I've had a few minor health issues that have kept me mostly offline. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was new to me, too.

      You're welcome any time :) I hope your health issues have cleared up. My recent dr appointment uncovered some minor issues I didn't even know I had lol so dietary changes are in process.

      Delete
  3. I like Ray Milland. This one looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, and Robert Preston is always a treat, too. .

      Delete
  4. Also sounds familiar. Back before CGI could make things look any way they want--lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took a whole different kind of work back then didn't it! lol

      Delete
  5. I don't know this classic. And its an Oscar winner too. Hope it was a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fun and a 42 to boot, too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Although I've never heard of this one, I think I'll watch it when I have time later today. I guess in videos like this, you have to strike while the iron is hot (so to speak).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is odd how some movies stay up for years, some disappear pretty soon. I try to wait to post until I can tell it's gonna be up more than overnight lol

      Delete