Sunday, June 21, 2020

International Yoga Day


I've loved yoga since I was in high school and continue doing it both because I love it and because it's good for my health. I have a series of poses I do every day shown on my blog here. I also like the videos online that have an entire yoga session in one video, and sometimes I use one of those instead. I've gotten to where I prefer video yoga sessions that are at least 30 minutes long.

This one is for beginners or senior adults and is 30 minutes long:



There are chair yoga options readily available if that's where you'd like to start. Here's one from the popular Yoga with Adriene Youtube channel:



Here's one from Yoga with Kassandra:



Many others are available using a chair yoga Google search.

I'd love to know if you do yoga.

14 comments:

  1. ...perhaps I'm missing out on a good thing, but it never looked like my thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe because you've only seen women do it, but plenty of men have done yoga videos, too. They might be more like something you'd wanna do.

      Delete
  2. I have been thinking about yoga. I stretch daily and walk when the weather allows, but I like how yoga builds muscle strength. It is something I worry about losing as I age. Thanks for sharing- I am going to check those out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yoga is wonderful for strength and balance. Also, it's adaptable for any physical ability level, which I think will serve me well as I age.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous! I've never done yoga only Pilates but after seeing this video's I think I may join you 😀. Happy Sunday and wishing you a wonderful new week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pilates was too fast for me... I like the slow, deliberate nature of Yoga. More my speed ;)

      Delete
  4. I've tried it once, but I think I got the wrong exercises due to my limited ability to stretch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beginner senior chair yoga is the way to start. Something like this 10-minute sequence that shows adaptations, maybe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMps5-PIJHA I never go further into a move than I'm comfortable with.

      Delete
  5. Even for those of us severely out of shape?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Definitely! If you know any yoga poses, just pick a couple or three and do those every day for a while. There are photos of beginner poses here: https://www.yogajournal.com/poses/poses-by-level/beginners-poses Here are 10 poses you can do in a chair: https://www.verywellfit.com/chair-yoga-poses-3567189

      Delete
  6. Happy yoga day! Thank you for the links. Those are helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice if you like it. I prefer running or walking. Have a nice day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy walking. I tried running, and I just don't "get" it lol And now, of course, other activities are better for me.

      Delete