Sunday, May 24, 2020

Hands of a Gunfighter

Hands of a Gunfighter is a 1965 spaghetti western. There are two separate plots in this one, connected only by the main character. In one, the former gunfighter, who has settled down with a family, has his infant son killed in his arms by a sheriff who is attempting to execute a warrant for his arrest. The other plot centers around the former gunfighter's desire for revenge against four brothers who kill a friend of his. It's unusual to have two such disconnected plots. It was almost like watching two different movies at the same time.

trailer:



full film:



Reviews are scarce.

12 comments:

  1. So, did the two plot lines come together in the end? Or was it as disjointed as it sounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disjointed. I didn't find a satisfactory joining of the stories...

      Delete
  2. ...I'm afraid that we have too many gunfighters these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched the trailer and this seems very familiar to me. of course, I can't say I just haven't seen the actors in something different and my uday morning brain hasn't made that connection yet. Happy long weekend!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The westerns plots can be quite similar, but you may well have seen this one.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It was different, I'll say that for it.

      Delete
  5. I'll give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dera, you know what I think about Westerns....Have a great, new week, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There may be more Westerns than anything else lol

      Delete