Sunday, September 29, 2019

A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night

A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night is a 2014 American-made Persian language vampire movie. Quite unusual. I'm glad I've seen this one, and I think it's well worth looking for. You can watch it on Amazon Prime.

trailer:



The Guardian calls it "exhilarating". The New Yorker says "The fablelike drama offers a powerful symbolic display of feminine power and outlaw charm..."

Roger Ebert's site gives it 3.5 out of 4 stars and calls it "a fresh and exciting re-imagining of a well-worn oft-told genre." It has a 96% critics consensus score at Rotten Tomatoes .

12 comments:

  1. Maybe tonight if we can’t find anything on cable

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like the critics loved it. Maybe I can find it on the net somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can rent it on Youtube, but I found a cheap DVD. It's not available free anywhere, if with a subscription :(

      Delete
  3. This sounds good, and I hope the girl makes it home OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think the girl's in any danger ;)

      Delete
  4. Hmm, I don't think this is for me! Have an great day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoy a different take on the vampire story.

      Delete
  5. I think the trailer was enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a good movie.

    ReplyDelete