Saturday, August 19, 2006

Increased distance

weight: 95

We walked 2 1/2 miles at the park today in 52 ' 23". My heart rate ranged from 112 to 137 during our time on the track, so I'm not able to keep it at a steady level. When I got home I did Kathy Smith's New Yoga Intermediate DVD. I liked this video. I was afraid that "intermediate" would be too advanced for me, but 2 of the 4 people on the DVD offer clear modifications for beginners and those who are less flexible. It is a 55-minute routine broken into 2 segments with a short relaxation in between, so you have a good place to stop if you don't want to complete the entire video. It's been a long time since I did any yoga and I'm not sure I'm maintaining correct form, but Kathy Smith emphasizes going as far into the pose as you comfortably can while keeping proper form. It's the form that's important.

I skipped breakfast somehow, but lunch was a sourdough roll with dipping oil, blueberries, walnuts, water, Sugar Smacks for dessert and coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment