Saturday, February 24, 2018

Monsieur Pamplemousse and the French Solution


Monsieur Pamplemousse and the French Solution is the 19th book in a mystery series by Michael Bond, better known for his Paddington Bear books. These are lots of fun

from the back of the book:
When Monsieur Pamplemousse gets an urgent summons from the Director of Le Guide, he knows that there is trouble at the top. But neither he nor his faithful sniffer dog, Pommes Frites, expects the trouble to involve a nun who is in the habit of joining the Mile High Club or a full-scale smear campaign targeting Le Guide's credibility as France's premier restaurant and hotel guide. Someone has been spreading worrying rumours among the staff and infiltrating the company files -awarding hotel prizes for bedbugs and praising egg and chip signature dishes. Even Pommes Frites has become a victim of the assault. It could all spell the ruin for Le Guide, but Pamplemousse is on the case...
I have also read the following others from this series:

#2 Monsieur Pamplemousse and the Secret Mission
#6 Monsieur Pamplemousse Investigates
#8 Monsieur Pamplemousse Stands Firm
#11 Monsieur Pamplemousse Afloat
#12 Monsieur Pamplemousse on Probation
#13 Monsieur Pamplemousse on Vacation
#14 Monsieur Pamplemousse Hits the Headlines

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun - will put it on my wishlist!Thank you for sharing!
    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll admit this one's not the best, but I get such a kick out of these characters and their antics.

      Delete
  2. I think you have mentioned these before. Not sure I have read any-for some reason they sound vaguely familiar. I'm checking out some new mysteries lately and so I am always on the prowl for some new recommendations. Thanks! Happy Saturday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are hard to find, or have been for us. My hubby had to order them online.

      Delete








  3. I would have been here sooner, but I’m still having phone and internet problems from the ice storm we had two nights ago. To make matters worse, my keyboard is acting up again. I’ll just stop before I get too frustrated and say thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a wild rain/thunder storm last night. This weather!

      Delete
  4. I've not come across these before, thanks 😁. Have a great day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found one in a used book store and started looking for them after that. They are fun, but nothing at all like Paddington. These are definitely for adults.

      Delete