Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Ant-Man

Ant-Man is a 2015 superhero film. The Husband loves the superhero movies, and we're living in a time of plenty for that. I'm not as big a fan, though I've enjoyed some of them. I didn't like this one as much as many of the others. It seems more silly than anything else to me. Reviews are positive, though, and it made bunches of money.

trailer:



The New York Times says, "Like “Guardians of the Galaxy,” last year’s off-brand Marvel hit, “Ant-Man” dabbles in the bright, playful colors of the superhero spectrum, reveling in moments of cartoonish whimsy and smirky humor." Rolling Stone gives it 3 out of 4 stars and says it "packs a ton of fun into a teeny package". Variety has a positive review.

Roger Ebert's site gives it 3.5 out of 4 stars and says it "provides the most pure, uncomplicated fun, and even joy, of any Marvel picture I’ve seen." Rotten Tomatoes has an 86% audience score.

8 comments:

  1. Yes, it has a bit of silly in it--like Guardians of The Galaxy. Although Guardians was a lot better, this was better than I expected. Although the bar was set low--hehe! It was a bit better than I thought it would be. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked Guardians of the Galaxy, but maybe I expected silliness there. And I loved Groot :) I thought Antman would be more of a straight superhero movie, so I expected comic elements but I didn't expect the general silly tone.

      Delete
  2. I'd never even heard of this one. It's probably not something I would want to watch, but I appreciate the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have heard of it without being told by the men in my family. I don't remember seeing anything promoting it.

      Delete
  3. I loved Ant Man, and Guardians of the Galaxy is one of my all time favourites! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guardians was a treat, I agree :) I'm all alone on not liking Antman. Everybody else seems to like it.

      Delete
  4. I liked this movie. Not as good as Guardians of the Galaxy, but not a bad film. My hubby likes these films so I am familiar with them. I will say I enjoy them-they are good entertainment. :) Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would probably never have seen any of the superhero films if my hubby wasn't a fan of these characters since childhood. He helps me appreciate their background stories.

      Delete