Sunday, September 01, 2024

Perfect Days

Perfect Days (Hulu) is a 2023 award-winning Japanese-language drama film directed by Wim Wenders about the routine life of Hirayama (Kōji Yakusho), a public toilet cleaner in Tokyo. I had no idea what to expect with this one, but watched it for the director. Starting with The House of the Rising Sun and ending with Nina Simone's Feeling Good, the music that Hirayama listens to with his cassettes is a major motif in the film. Such a delightful and beautiful film!

trailer:



*******

16 comments:

  1. I tried to watch films in hospital, but always fell asleep....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. Hospitals are like a different world.

      Delete
  2. I'm always so impressed with the clever films you find. This one actually sounds quite interesting. It's also Greta how people get their ideas, isn't it? Happy September and Sunday Nita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one I found on a list somewhere. I depend on running across lists of recommendations.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous6:23 AM

    Looks so good. Thanks for sharing. Hope the new month is great for you.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has cooled down so much the last few days. Autumn is here!

      Delete
  4. This looks really good. I am adding it and hoping for a good-eyes day where I can watch subtitles. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's not as much dialog in this one as I sometimes see, so that should help.

      Delete
  5. That sounds interesting. I don't like travelling, but I love learning about culture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The music sounds good too.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I considered getting Hulu, but I'm still exploring Freevee and Prime. This sounds like a great film, if for the music alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We probably wouldn't still have Hulu regularly if it weren't for that bundle...

      Delete