Friday, September 06, 2024

Underwater

Underwater (Hulu) is a 2020 science fiction action horror film about a group of workers at a drilling facility at the bottom of the Mariana Trench who encounter hostile creatures after an earthquake destroys the facility. It stars Kristen Stewart, Vincent Cassel, Jessica Henwick, John Gallagher Jr., Mamoudou Athie, and T.J. Miller. Reviews are mixed, but I like it. The world needs more science fiction movies, and this is a welcome entry.

trailer:



*******

14 comments:

  1. ...many are underwater these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As aöways, another film I missed! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, so _many_ movies, and I miss out on almost all of them when they're released.

      Delete
  3. This sounds a little like The Abyss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've noticed this plot before...

      Delete
  4. Glad that you enjoyed this one, I know how much you enjoy Sci Fi and horror 😊. Wishing you a Happy September! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always excited to see another one :)

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed this one too. And yes, the world does need more science fiction! By they way, you commented on my last blog post that your not familiar with cholla cactus. There's a quirky movie I really like called Seven Psychopaths (2012). It's filmed in and around Joshua Tree. There's a scene where Christopher Walken is walking in the Cholla Cactus Garden, right where we took our Milky Way photos! Fun movie if you can find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It looks like it's on a service we subscribe to :)

      Delete
  6. Never heard of this one, either. A SciFi horror film I will sometimes go for.
    Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great weekend so far :) Hope yours is also going well.

      Delete
  7. The hubby watched this and I saw bits and pieces of it. It's not really my type of film though. Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete