Monday, September 02, 2024

Steel Magnolias

Steel Magnolias (Tubi) is a 1989 comedy-drama film directed by Herbert Ross and starring Sally Field, Dolly Parton, Shirley MacLaine, Daryl Hannah, Olympia Dukakis, and Julia Roberts. I'm one of the few Southern women who had never seen this film, and that it turned out to be a real tear-jerker confirms I probably should've stuck with that decision. It won awards, though, so YMMV. I have never known the South created in this film.

trailer:



*******

12 comments:

  1. ...lots of smiley ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this a long time ago and can't remember the story. Maybe it's time for a revisit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was such a fabulous cast -- and a terrific tearjerker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another famous film that I never have gotten around to seeing. I’ll never catch up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None of us will ever catch up lol So many movies!

      Delete
  5. I'm about as northern as it gets, and I have never seen this film either. It's a great cast though. Happy new week Nita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't fault the cast. They were good.

      Delete
  6. Yes, a tear-jerker, as I recall. Lots of really talented actors in this movie, for sure. (I had to google YMMV--lol!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I learned a lot of those YMMV type shortcuts back when Yahoo Groups were still a thing.

      Delete