Saturday, September 07, 2024

Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont (film)

Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont (Amazon Prime) is a 2005 comedy-drama film based on the 1971 novel by the same name. The film stars Joan Plowright as an elderly woman who has moved into a hotel and has precious little contact from her daughter and grandson. Rupert Friend stars as the young man with whom she develops a friendship. Such a lovely film! Just the right amount of heartstring pulling and light comedic elements.

via YouTube:



*******

8 comments:

  1. ...sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And on the list it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness! I do so love Joan Plowright and happened to be able to watch this right now this morning! LOVED it! Brought a tear to my eye. Lovely movie! Thanks so much, my friend. You made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! I'm glad you liked it as much as I did :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't heard of this one. It sounds good though.

    ReplyDelete