Wednesday, March 02, 2022

The Mummy Trilogy

The Mummy Trilogy is series of action/adventure light comedy horror films, with an emphasis on the action/adventure -think Indiana Jones. All three of them starred Brendan Fraser, Rachel Weisz, and John Hannah. I enjoyed all three and wish there'd been more of them. I can highly recommend this if you'd like to try horror films but are scared to go there. The connection with the original Mummy monster movie from the 30s grounds them, while the horror elements are secondary to the more modern action/adventure feel. We have a set that includes all three films and don't regret getting them. They are definitely rewatchable, and we picked it up for under $10.

The Mummy is a 1999 remake of the 1932 classic.

trailer:


The Mummy Returns came out in 2001.

trailer:


The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor came out in 2008. It moves the action to China and stars Jet Li as the antagonist and Michelle Yeoh.

trailer:


26 comments:

  1. I like this trilogy. They are good Friday or Sunday style movies, when you want something fun and not too heavy. Plus Brendan Fraser isn't so bad to look at it either-smile. Happy March 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... action/adventure light comedy horror films, now all they need is to add some romance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The main characters are a married couple, and their romance is sweet :)

      Delete
  3. I love the original Mummy. These look like a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The original Mummy is one of my favorites :)

      Delete
  4. This was a fun trilogy I have noticed that the movie channels are playing these again lots of action for sure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've forgotten how we came across them... probably a recommendation from my youngest

      Delete
  5. Love the Mummy films, the original one was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's the best. I watch it every October.

      Delete
  6. I saw these on cable TV. It took me a minute to remember them, but they were not what I think of when I think of horror.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brendan Fraser was everywhere for a period and has since disappeared, too bad his movies were always fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's still active, but I don't follow particular actors any more.

      Delete
  8. The trailor sure rings a bell! Or is it the cute actor, I´m not sure ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember the original Mummy movie. I think I saw the first one of these. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The original Mummy movie is a classic. One of my favorites.

      Delete
  10. This sounds more up my alley than a lot of horror films! A good cast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's got horror but mostly action/adventure. It'd be a nice bit of Halloween horror for folks who don't like most horror movies.

      Delete
  11. Yep, seen them all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hubby and I both love these films too, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete