Thursday, March 24, 2022

Set It Up

Set It Up is a 2018 romantic comedy. I don't tend to care for romantic comedies, but this got great reviews so I gave it a shot in the interests of being open-minded and broadening my horizons. I quit after 45 minutes, but if you like romcoms you'll probably like it. I watched it on Netflix.

trailer:

IndieWire closes its poritive review with this: "At its heart, though, “Set It Up” is a classic rom-com brought to life by a pair of wonderfully well-matched stars who seem to revel in the genre. This is cinematic comfort food, the kind we’ve been starving for." Roger Ebert's site, The Hollywood Reporter, and Variety each has a positive review. Rotten Tomatoes has a critics consensus score of 92%.

18 comments:

  1. ...sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't always mind rom coms but sometimes life is just too short....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen a couple I liked, but I'm no longer determined to finish every movie I start.

      Delete
  3. Not a fan of romcoms but used to watch them once in a while. Rarely ever watch anymore. Bad luck in that department maybe--or just old and not interested anymore--ROFL! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought this one was repetitive and silly.

      Delete
  4. Hm. Not such a fan. And, well, no Netflix, either. Germany > behind the rock, all in but German.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this one just got good reviews... But no, I'm not such a fan either.

      Delete
  5. Like you, I'm not much of a fan of romcoms. Pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've watched a few that was fun enough. This wasn't one.

      Delete
  6. I like some rom coms, as long as they aren't soppy. I should check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one's not soppy at all. Cute in its way.

      Delete
  7. Not my kind of movie really, but I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have NEVER been a fan of romcoms OR chick flicks. Not my cup of tea or coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seen a few -a very few- I've enjoyed and even re-watched, but those are never my first choice.

      Delete