Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Ferengi 42

According to this website, which claims to list The Complete Ferengi Rules Of Acquisition, the 42nd rule is this:

Only negotiate when you are certain to profit

On the other hand, several sites list this one as Rule 42:

What's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine too.

Other websites disagree, not listing a Rule 42, as they aren't fully disclosed within the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine canon. The Rules of Acquisition have their own dedicated Wikipedia entry.

Here's video of the rules which are stated during the TV series episodes:



Alas, Rule 42 isn't among them.

16 comments:

  1. ...not to my liking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't hate me, I was never into Deep Space 9 either. :) Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it but saw it as a cheap imitation of Babylon 5. Babylon 5 is a treasure :)

      Delete
  3. I think I will enjoy watching this! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so :) Just 6 1/2 minutes long.

      Delete
  4. I thought 42 was the answer not the rule:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it is, but I look for 42s where I can find them.

      Delete
  5. I haven't watched this series yet. Looks pretty humorous. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The series itself -Star Trek: Deep Space 9- is a science fiction series that has its humorous moments but isn't humorous as a rule.

      Delete
  6. Many, many years ago I used to watch Star Trek with the children, so I have heard talk of Ferengi

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched the original series first-run, so I'm a long-time fan. The Ferengi certainly evolved from their first appearance!

      Delete
  7. Wow, you found another 42 - amazing 😀. Thanks for sharing and happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are rarer now that the local artist who did so many has moved away, but I'm still running across them online.

      Delete
  8. I watched every Star Trek episode of every incarnation except TOS (what I call The Old Shit). Wasn't a fan of William Shatner's pregnant pauses. You find more 42s than anyone I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the original Star Trek from its first run. I still get chills when I hear the theme music :)

      Delete