Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Bandini

Bandini is a 1963 award-wining Indian film about a woman serving a sentence of life in prison for murder.


Filmi Geek says, "Bandini is visually mesmerizing, a magically beautiful movie to watch. Every shot is artfully constructed, lit as dramatically as a painting." The Hindu calls it "a rare film that centred around the woman and told the story from a woman’s viewpoint" and says, "The songs are all worth a rewind. And the film worth watching all over again."

Let's Talk About Bollywood has a thoughtful consideration.

10 comments:

  1. I like stopping by. You have such eclectic tastes and am helping to expand my horizons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've forgotten now how I discovered films from India, but they are among my favorites. The way they incorporate music into it is intriguing, just for one thing.

      Delete
  2. I am not a fan of Bollywood, sorry! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but that's like saying you're not a fan of Hollywood! I like some of it but certainly not all. I take each one as I find it.

      Delete
    2. True enough, I'm not really a big film fan!

      Delete
    3. I enjoy film and books both. And there's so much out there! lol

      Delete
  3. Did you like this film? I don't know if I have ever seen a complete Bollywood film. I have seen bits of them that some of my Indian students at school have shown me. Not sure this would be on their list as a teenager, but maybe. You never know. Happy Thursday. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I liked this one. The story is interesting, and the picture of this period in Indian history fascinated me. Indian film is generally longer than what I'm used to, but if I don't think about it I don't notice it ;) I enjoy the music, too.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like an interesting storyline and I always enjoy the music in Bollywood movies 😁. I hope you've had a lovely week! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way the music is incorporated. I was surprised at how delightful the musical scenes were to watch :) Car trouble is cramping my style lol, but I hope to have it back soon :)

      Delete