Monday, November 28, 2016

When Harry Met Sally

When Harry Met Sally 1989 Rob Reiner comedy starring Billy Crystal, Meg Ryan, and Carrie Fisher. The Husband and I both enjoyed this one. It's a really sweet -but not too sweet- romantic comedy. I chose it because part of it takes place during the fall of the year. There are also a couple of Christmas and New Year's Eve scenes, so this would make a good change from the usual holiday mainstays.

trailer:


The Guardian has a positive review. Rolling Stone calls it "a ravishing, romantic lark brimming over with style, intelligence and flashing wit."

Roger Ebert says, "what makes it special, apart from the Ephron screenplay, is the chemistry between Crystal and Ryan." Rotten Tomatoes has a critics score of 89%.

4 comments:

  1. I think this is classic for its time period. BTW, my library has quite a few of the Kemelman books mentioned in your previous post. I ordered 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had never seen this before. I'm not sure how we missed it, but I'm glad we came across it. I look forward to hearing what you think of the books :)

      Delete
  2. This was a cute comedy--yes! So, you finally got to see the "I'll have what she's having" scene--LOL! At least I think that's what the lady said. Been a long time since I watched this and there have been so many parodies of that scene.

    I wish Meg Ryan wouldn't have altered her looks so much with plastic surgery. What could she have been thinking? She was a little doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is movie is in my top 5! I've seen it so many times. I enjoy it because its got a good question at its theme, and even though its romantic its not just about romance. I've always wondered if it because it was produced by a guy. Hmmm. Who knows. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete