Saturday, November 05, 2016

Seven Swords

Seven Swords is a 2005 wuxia film, an homage to the Kurosawa Seven Samurai film. I found it slow and even annoying in places, but I loved the choreography and the clothes. The Younger Son thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it worthy of a connection with Kurosawa.

trailer:


It did well in Asia, but it got mostly negative reviews here. A planned sequel appears to be in development hell.

Empire Online closes with this: "What could and should have been great is reduced to the tragically dull. A wasted opportunity of immense proportions." Rotten Tomatoes has a critics score of 25%.

2 comments:

  1. I had to look up Wuxia, because I had NO idea what it meant. So glad you reviewed this because I learned something new in the process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen several of these and liked others better. House of Flying Daggers may be my favorite.

      Delete