Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Azurite Charm


Sometimes I'm in the mood for a drink that's hot and sweet. I don't like sugar in coffee or tea and I quit drinking hot chocolate years ago, but at times like that Suisse Mocha is just the thing. This is a drink I discovered way back years ago and don't remember who introduced me to it. Nobody else in the family likes it, and I don't drink it that often. I've tried recipes to make similar drinks, but nothing else is quite the same.

The cup and saucer was a find on a vacation trip to Blanchard Springs, Arkansas, in a thrift store I ran across while we were there. The pattern is Anchor Hocking Azurite Charm, but I found that out by searching images online. There's absolutely nothing on the bottom of the pieces. They don't seem to be making this pattern any more. I love the square shape.

6 comments:

  1. I haven't had International Delights coffee for ages. I think I even forgot it existed. I really like the square shape of the tea set.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the tea tuesday idea really struck me, even though it seems i've been doing more coffee than tea lately. it's great to see what y'all post. thx for commenting :)

      Delete
  2. Haven't tried the coffee but I sure do like the cup and saucer.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a terrible time getting here, and had to go through my translator to leave you a comment, since yours are embedded. But I simply couldn't let that stop me because I wanted to thank you beyond belief for joining us for Tea Tuesday yesterday.

    It's been years since I've had International Delights. I used to take a can of it with me when I traveled because I always need coffee and this was a great alternative to stopping for the "real" thing, or for a quick pick-me-up if I was in a hotel. I always loved the taste until I started drinking my coffee without sugar. Now it sounds like a sinful treat!

    Thank you again for the visit. I only wish it was easier to leave you a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've just changed to pop-up comments. will that help?

      thx for the welcome to tea tuesday. i love tea and coffee and have a soft spot for cups and mugs of different kinds. it's great fun to see what other folks are doing. :)

      Delete
  4. darla, identifying that cup and saucer led me a merry chase!

    ReplyDelete