Wednesday, August 15, 2012

More Squirrels With Red Balloons

I haven't been able to get a picture of the one under the underpass on Poplar (the 2nd one I saw), but I'm still planning to.

I was pointed to these next 2 by Sarah on a previous post. This one is the 3rd one I've seen:


and this one is the 4th:


#5 is pictured with Bubble-Blowin' Raccoon.

#6 was suggested by an anonymous commenter, and i found it just like they said under the underpass at Germantown Parkway and Walnut Grove. There was too much traffic and no place to pull over, so I didn't get a photo of it.

#7 is the one Coral suggested:


I'm not good at discovering them, but I love going out and getting photos of the ones I'm told about. Thanks! These little day-brighteners are great spots of cheer in the city.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:56 AM

    I like squirrels with balloons...
    -- A Pal

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, pal, there's a lot to like :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:37 PM

    There's one at the Kroger gas station on Trinity and Germantown Pkwy. It's by the gas pump and it's tiny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm not out that way very often but will look next time i am. thx!

      Delete
  4. Brandon8:50 PM

    Memphis Flyer should do a small article on this artist. He is really taking over Memphis. I love seeing these everymorning on my way to work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:04 PM

    Some.little kid took a.marker to the squirrel and raccoon at cooper at the I <3 Memphis wall. Errrrrrrrr Just trying to make the city alittle brighter. Sad day for underground art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was only a matter of time 'til they got marked. i was on union yesterday and, in passing, i thought it looked like the one near the wendy's had been marked. i can't be sure, tho. i was headed east and just saw it in my rear-view mirror.

      they should make their _own_ art instead of messing with other folks' work.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous6:09 PM

    Drove by the one on union and it got violated by the artist/child 42. He even signed his disgrace on it. Shame shame shame. Time to go harder ~A~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i had seen that marking but not well enough to recognize the 42. i love the 42s, but there's enough barren concrete in this city for artists to easily find a blank spot. shame, indeed!

      Delete