Sunday, August 12, 2012

Bubble-Blowin' Raccoon

Thanks to Alfie's comment, I found this little Bubble-Blowin' Raccoon, seen in company with Squirrel with [Red] Balloon:


I'm enjoying the increasing number of urban art offerings.

The Squirrel pictures get love in the comments on this post from the I Love Memphis blog, where several other "tiny" artworks are pictured. I haven't seen any of the ones from the I Love Memphis blog yet, but there's something delightful about knowing they're out there. What fun these artists make for us!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:33 AM

    There is a one at my apartments in Cordova and one under the bridge at G'town Parkway and Walnut Grove. Every morning when I leave my apartment I see the happy little squirrel and he makes me smile....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i saw the one you mentioned at g'town and walnut grove this morning. i couldn't get a picture of it, but it's in a good spot to watch a lotta traffic go by! lovin' these

      Delete
  2. Oliver9:14 PM

    The city has alot of these. I saw some on Main St. I think memphis has adopted this artist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. looks like a trip back downtown to walk down main is in my near future. thx for the heads-up on that :)

      Delete
  3. These artistic touches are cute. I will start looking for them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:12 AM

    What do these squirrels mean though? At first I though it was a directional marker for a party. Is there a significance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. their significance to me is that i smile whenever i see one. :) i don't know if the artist has any deeper meaning in mind, but they are day-brighteners to me -a fun addition to the streetscape.

      Delete