Monday, August 13, 2012

Showdown in Little Tokyo

Showdown in Little Tokyo is a 1991 action film starring Dolph Lundgren and Brandon Lee.

This movie contains every stereotype you can think of through 1500 years of Japanese culture. It is one of the most sexist films I've ever seen and has a scene in which the female lead cozies up to the Dolph Lundgrun character, takes the initiative and makes mad passionate love to him (including light playful banter afterwards) on the same day she had been kidnapped and shown video of her best friend being beheaded by her kidnapper and then was brutally raped by that same kidnapper.

My favorite quote was one cop saying to his partner,
You have the biggest dick I've ever seen on a man.
So now I'm left wondering where else he has looked.

trailer:



I'm not sure how I ended up posting about this after I'd posted on The Crow, but there ya go.

1 comment: