Friday, August 31, 2012

The Flower Garden at the Dixon Garden


The flower garden at the Dixon Gallery and Gardens is beautiful! They have a page at their site that'll tell you what's in bloom right now, but I never check first. I just go look. There are benches, concrete walls at a good height for sitting and this sweet little red table with 2 chairs back in a corner:


There's a wide variety of colors and kinds.


I am more drawn to the yellow and orange flowers.


The bees seem more drawn to the purples.


On the day I took these pictures there was just enough of a breeze to make things tricky for the butterflies.


I couldn't ask for a prettier, calmer and more peaceful setting.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:54 AM

    Pretty!
    -- A Pal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to go here. How beautiful!!! I do not imagine they let u take ur pets with u.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no pets there. you can take your little one to audubon park, though. huge park! part of it has a walking trail -that's the the part at park/goodlett/southern. there's a big section of it over on perkins ext across from theatre memphis that has a lake. it's a beautiful area with plenty of space. it's never crowded, but there are always some people around. the botanic gardens section costs to enter, but the rest of the park is open and free.

    ReplyDelete