Tuesday, August 30, 2016

King Jerry Lawler's Hall of Fame Bar & Grille


The Daughter and I were hunting Pokemon in downtown Memphis and ended up on Beale Street in time for a late lunch. We picked King Jerry Lawler's Hall of Fame Bar & Grille mainly because we'd never been there before. I was never a huge wrasslin' fan, but I did like Tojo Yamamoto for some reason. Jerry "the King" Lawler is a Memphis legend from way back and one of the three kings of Memphis: Elvis, B.B. King, and Lawler.

We got a kick out of the exhibits and decor:



We had the barbecue:


and everything was tasty. We'd definitely recommend the food. As I said, we were there for a late lunch -around 4 or so- and were still there when the music started. A blues guitar player set up and sang on this stage:


I wish we could've stayed and heard more from him, but I needed to get back home and The Daughter needed to pick up her husband at work. This is a fun addition to Beale Street, and we'll certainly go back. I hear Lawler is personally involved and is often on site. You wouldn't go wrong stopping in here.


4 comments:

  1. Barbecue and Blues on Beale Street? How could you go wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ikr! We are spoiled for choice here where bbq is concerned. There's really not as much blues here in Memphis as you might expect, but Beale Street usually has some happening :)

      Delete
  2. The food looks yummy and I love reading about the Memphis music scene. I didn't know any of that. I wonder if you had a successful pokey man hunt too. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Downtown is a great place with lots of pokestops and pokemon I don't see other places. I found lots of zubats that day. I need to go back and wander around some more :)

      Delete