Thursday, February 25, 2016

Curtains for Three


Curtains for Three is a collection of 3 Nero Wlfe novellas written by Rex Stout in 1948, 1949 and 1950. I'm working my way through the series. I'm actually more familiar with the TV series, and am enjoying reading the books.

from the back of the book:
A murder weapon that wouldn't lie down and stay put... an opera star who could only whisper... a posse on horseback chasing a killer through New York's Central Park... a desperate girl with so many aliases she'd almost forgotten who she really was.

A stellar triple bill of mayhem and mystery featuring Nero Wolfe and Archie Goodwin.

I'm not finding much in the way of online reviews, but the series is a classic and the books make for fun, light reading.

4 comments:

  1. I must give these a chance, when I'm done with Wimsey and Jury. Nothing beats a good mystery, it always works! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The characters are just wonderful! I'd also highly recommend the Timothy Hutton/Maury Chaykin tv series https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Nero_Wolfe_Mystery . Saul Rubinek plays a recurring character, and they use an ensemble cast where some of the actors (Kari Matchett, Debra Monk, George Plimpton, James Tolkan, and others) play different parts in different episodes. Just great fun and nicely done.

      Delete
  2. You jogged my memory. Had forgotten about Rex Stout books. Must hunt some up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a fairly recent convert. My son has them all, and I'm borrowing his. I'm enjoying these.

      Delete