Saturday, September 12, 2020

Tongues of the Moon


Tongues of the Moon is a science fiction novel by Philip Jose Farmer. It's dated, including political entities like the Soviet Union, for example, that no longer exist. If you like action this book would be a fine choice. 

from the back of the book:
EARTH EXPLODED 
in a blaze of tiny lights -each one the funeral pyre of a great city. 
The watchers on the Moon saw their planet die -and with it all but a few of the human race. 
There were a few hundred on the Moon -a few thousand on Mars. And each group was in the clutch of a war-mad dictator!

16 comments:

  1. ...a strange title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get a kick out of older books that go into the future and get things wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting, especially when they deal with politics and national identity

      Delete
  3. This sounds scary. I am not a fan of science fiction, so I'll give this one a miss! Have a nice day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not at all scary. But it won't appeal even to many science fiction fans

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the introduction

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think this is mu cuppa tea but I always enjoy the choices you share -- they're fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These older books don't appeal to everybody.

      Delete
  6. Actually this sounds exactly like something I would enjoy. Wish I knew where to find it. My library is still not open to the public.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get an ebook for a dollar lol, but I don't pay for books these days when I own so many I haven't read yet... It's so old a book, I'd be surprised to find this one in a library.

      Delete
  7. Sounds action packed, old books are always of interest 😁. Wishing you a happy new week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete