Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Leonard's Pit Barbecue


Leonard's Pit Barbecue is a Memphis institution. The first one opened in 1922, and although that location is no longer open, the tradition is alive and well in its current home. Here are photos of part of the interior:



I had the small bbq plate, which comes with beans and fries:


The Husband had a large bbq sandwich with a side order of shoestring fries, and The Younger Son had a large bbq sandwich with a side order of wedge fries. I had Coke, The Husband had iced tea, and The Younger Son had water. You can read the menu here. Our total was around $25 before tip, so this is quite reasonable. The service was fast and pleasant. It had been years since we had been here, but the bbq was so good! We'll start going there more often now that we've remembered it. It says a lot about Memphis that there is so much good barbecue here that great restaurants fall off our radar.

Please join the weekly T Tuesday party hosted by Bleubeard and Elizabeth. Today our hostess is sharing homemade pumpkin bread and jasmine tea. Yummmm...

18 comments:

  1. The food looks delicious and what a great price. Glad you decided to revisit an old standard place

    ReplyDelete
  2. I´ll come just to see the car that resides indoors! Happy T-day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool that they have a truck inside! I love BBQ but we don't have it very often...no one else in the family is as big of fan as me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks and sounds like a hearty meal in very nice surroundings.
    Fun having the vintage Dodge inside too!
    Happy T Day oxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks super... super location --had beans today as well...lol - Chilli con carne...!
    Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I like my BBQ...*grin* I've always wanted to come to your neck of the woods and have some original BBQ.
    The interior is very interesting and the food looks good.........but those fries are huge!!!
    Thanks for visiting this week
    Happy T-day

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a cool car inside!! happy t-day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like a fun place to dine and your food looks yummy! Happy T Day :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow. Even this vegetarian would go for this. I remember when KC was the bbq capital. But I think Memphis probably has it beat. BTW, those fries look simply out of this world. Now I want some. May have to make my own. After all, I have a french fry (potato) press.

    Thanks for sharing the wonderful atmosphere that accompanied this place. And thanks for sharing your food and drinks with us for T this Tuesday.

    BTW, I haven't been around like I would like, because I've had keyboard and mouse problems. Finally got the keyboard to work, but not the mouse.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The food looks delicious and the price is indeed reasonable.
    Happy T day

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure that the BBQ is good, but oh my, it's those potato wedge fries that are calling my name. They look great. Happy T Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well that just looks yummy!!! Lots of good bbq here in Arkansas too... $25 for three people is GOOD! Happy Tday! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun place! The food looks good too. And reasonably priced. The fries on your plate look huge! I'm writing this in the evening and looking at your food has made me hungry....
    Have a good week,
    Thanks for visiting earlier,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good BBQ is a marvelous thing ♥ and that place looks like it has great atmosphere too ♥ Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like an interesting place with good food. Good to remember, yes. :)
    Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello and Happy T Day! This looks so good, I love bbq and don't get it as often as I'd like, no one else here likes it. I like that they give you different kinds of fries too. The price for it was a good deal, definitely worth going back again and again.
    thanks for sharing and have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh boy, you just made me hungry, that food looks great and the surrounding are so cool too! Happy T Tuesday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous place!And the food is superb!Happy T Day :)

    ReplyDelete