Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Gravity

Gravity is an award-winning 2013 film directed by Alfonso Cuarón and starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney.

I meant to see this in the theater but never got around to it. We picked it up at the DVD store, and were very impressed by this film. Sandra Bullock pretty much carries the entire movie and proves herself well up to the task. Even if you don't like movies that take place in space (or orbit) the drama here is the thing. Watch it!

trailer:



Moria gives it 5 out of 5 stars and names it one of the top 10 films from that year. Empire Online says, "Let’s cut to the chase. The simple truth of the matter is you’re going to love this movie. Love it..." Space.com gives the movie high praise and says, "Bullock's performance in "Gravity" is the kind of actor's tour de force that comes along maybe once in a quarter century. Yes, Sandra Bullock is that good."

Rotten Tomatoes has a 97% critics rating.

4 comments:

  1. I am waiting for it to come to commercial TV, because I can't afford the cost of movies. I've wanted to see this one since I first saw the trailer. The fact that I simply ADORE Sandra Bullock adds to my wanting to see it. I'm so glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can't count on decent reception on the tv but can usually get good prices if we wait for the DVDs to be offered used. I think you'll like her in this. She does her fans proud here :)

      Delete
  2. I have been a fan of Bullock since that Christmas movie she made, and think she has been generally unappreciated. We are notoriously bad at finding our way to the cinema, which is too bad, I guess this is one that would have been good to see on a large screen. Oh well. I'll see it some day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love While You Were Sleeping! Such a sweet film :)

      I'm trying to get past thinking about the big screen. I'm so short and theater seats have gotten so weirdly shaped and sized it's hard for me to get comfortable in them. Home sweet home, that's my motto ;)

      Delete