Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Suicide Club

Suicide Club is a 2002 Japanese horror film. There is a lot of blood here, but it seems to me at root a tragic story of alienation and loss.


Moria gives it 2 out of 5 stars, saying it "starts promisingly" but that the director "has as little idea as to what is going on as the entirely baffled audience does." HorrorNews.net says, "Suicide Club, while a powerful film, is rich in it’s ability to focus in the power of youth culture." Horror Freak News recommends it.

Time Out concludes, "None of it makes any real sense, but it sure does keep you watching." Rotten Tomatoes has a critics score of 50%.


10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed it, as you probably know by now horror and lots of blood is not my thing ...lol 😉. Wishing you a lovely day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some of the horror has a lot of blood!

      Delete
  2. I'm not one for horror films, but I am interested in Japanese films after visiting there. Can you recommend any non-bloody ones? I will check your list to the side here. Happy Wednesday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to update that list.... I'll be back when I've done that ;) There are a lot of non-horror Japanese films that I could recommend. Directors to look for: Akira Kurosawa, Yasujiro Ozu, Kenji Mizoguchi, and for anime Hayao Miyazaki.

      Delete
    2. I've updated the list, adding some films and replacing videos that had been removed by youtube or whoever. Quite a few, especially the older ones, are available online. I'd love to hear what you think of the movies you watch :)

      Delete
  3. I always appreciate when you take time to not just review the film, but allow us to see it in its entirety. However, I'm not sure this one is one I want to watch in my current sick state. Thanks, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when I can find them online :)

      I found I was able to see beyond the blood, but many people do stop at the blood. My husband's in that group. Different strokes, as they say :)

      Delete
  4. Not one I would care to see. I'll pass. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Different strokes ;)

      Delete
    2. I'd never have watched it if I hadn't been specifically looking for horror for October that wasn't the same things I'd always watched. I was just ready for more variety...

      Delete