Tuesday, December 27, 2016

The Paddington Movie

The Paddington Movie is a 2014 film based on the characters in the long-running children's book series by Michael Bond. This is true to the spirit of the books, though not a faithful scene-by-scene adaptation of any of them. Sequels are planned, and I'm looking forward to them. This movie is a real delight, and I recommend it especially to people who love Paddington Bear.

There's a scene towards the end with a Christmas tree, so I'm including this film in my list of Christmas movies.

trailer:


Rotten Tomatoes has a 98% critics score.

8 comments:

  1. YEA!!! I can see it, and I can play it, too. I'm so happy now that I can see what you are writing about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your new computer! I'll bet it does fun tricks that'll be useful in your art and your blogging :)

      Delete
  2. This is one of my fave movies, and I keep re-watching it just for fun! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We meant to see this sooner, but I'm so glad we finally got to it. It was such fun :)

      Delete
  3. I never read any of the classic kid's books except for the real old Mother Goose and some very old fairy tale book--rather creepy and violent, actually. My mother read Shakespeare to me in small sections when I was like 8-10 and then would quiz me as to the meaning of what she just read. I know. Strange childhood--LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know about these books when I was a child, either, but we discovered them when my kids were little. I think we liked these stories as much as the kids did lol. Bond is still writing them! He also writes books for adults. He's a treasure.

      Delete
  4. This was such a cute movie! I had honestly never heard of the Paddington Bear, but now I love it. I most definitely will watch a sequel of it.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Paddington books are charming, and we always enjoying reading them to the kids. The movie definitely does them justice :)

      Delete