Monday, February 01, 2016

Inequality for All

Inequality for All is a 2013 award-winning documentary film by Robert Reich. The film examines income inequality in the United States. Reich is a well-respected economist and presents a reasoned explanation. There is a study guide and curriculum aids.

via Vimeo (password: bernie2016):


Reich has endorsed Bernie Sanders in the current presidential campaign and frequently posts about his reasons on his Facebook page.

I'm a confirmed liberal, I believe Reich has the right idea, and I've been Feeling the Bern since the early days of the campaign. See more about Sanders here at Wikipedia, here on Facebook, and here at his official campaign website.

2 comments:

  1. I know absolutely noting about Bernie Sanders, but am taking a crash course tonight as I watch the Iowa caucus. Since I am a confirmed Libertarian, there is no candidate to caucus or vote for, apparently. I have a lot of time, though, because it's usually all over "and done" by the time the KS caucus arrives. I remember in 2008, though Kansas at least had a say in the Democratic part of the caucus because the race was so close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer the government provide more services than libertarian philosophy allows. "Maximum Freedom, Minimum Government" just does not appeal to me at all because of the money/resources/power that then accrue in the classes best able to exploit their freedom. I want protection from those people, not enablement of them. From the Libertarian party platform: "We hold that all individuals have the right to exercise sole dominion over their own lives, and have the right to live in whatever manner they choose, so long as they do not forcibly interfere with the equal right of others to live in whatever manner they choose". Libertarians would abolish the income tax and the IRS, support unrestricted competition among banks, abolish public education, support for-profit health care, eliminate the Social Security system, privatize all aid/assistance to the poor, and allow discrimination. I would oppose every point of that.

      Delete