Sunday, February 14, 2016

Blindman

Blindman is a 1971 spaghetti western starring Ringo Starr. There's actually not much to it, but if you like spaghetti westerns (and I do) this is a fine one. Definitely watchable.

via youtube:


Spaghetti-Western.net has 2 reviews. This one says:
Baldi's direction is to his usual solid if not exceptional standards. The score from Cipriani is good and fitting of the general feel of the film. The cast play their roles uniformly well and there is just the right level of irony and tongue placed firmly in cheek to a lot of the proceedings while never stepping over the line into outright comedy which would definitely have been a mistake. Rather the dominant tone is gritty and rather brutal (if a little indulgant) and the viewer has plenty to enjoy from start to finish.
This one calls it "beautifully shot and well-acted".

Fistful of Pasta calls it "a somewhat flawed but entertaining film".

2 comments:

  1. I had to look up the term "spaghetti western," because I had no idea what it was. Seems I'm lacking an education, since I've never seen any of the films mentioned, like Fist full of dollars, etc. But I would LOVE to see Ringo, the only Beetle I ever really liked, play the part of the flawed hero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a huge fan of the spaghetti western! I would particularly recommend "THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY" (and the entire Man with No Name trilogy) and the original "Django" (it spawned a mini-industry all its own). Those have been so influential over the years. There are some really good best-of lists around.

      Delete