Saturday, January 24, 2015

The Proud and the Damned

The Proud and the Damned is a 1972 Western starring Chuck Connors and Cesar Romero. Chuck Connors' tv series The Rifleman was a great favorite of my mother, although I was just a tyke while it was on and didn't ever watch it. There's a summary for this movie at Imdb:
A group of five Confederate mercenaries led by Sergeant Will Hansen must choose sides carefully in a small village where they find themselves trapped in the middle of a rebellion. The group is torn as to whether they should honor the powerful military dictator who forces them to spy for him or help the local village fight for its independence. Follow Sergeant Hansen and his men as they make a decision that could cost them their lives. -Written by Michaelj@new.rr.com
I watched it free at Hulu, but it's also at youtube:



Reviews are hard to come by. I find it a bit slow getting started. And then I kept finding it slow. It's filled with corny romance subplots. I just never got interested in it, and I eventually just kept it on in the background while I did other stuff.




No comments:

Post a Comment