Saturday, January 10, 2009

Virus (1980)

I don't guess my life is this bad, though at least some of the people in this movie try to help each other and work together and treat each other with kindness and respect. Outside my own family, examples of that are pretty rare these days. There seem to be an amazing number of people who don't care who gets hurt as long as they get what they want. Those kinds of people play a prominent role in this film.

Virus is a 1980 Japanese post-apocalyptic film. It stars some names familiar to me: George Kennedy, Robert Vaughn, Chuck Connors, Olivia Hussey, Edward James Olmos, Glenn Ford.



Suitably depressing. The music is lame, so I'm sorry to see Janis Ian's name attached to it.

Midnight Eye has a lengthy review, saying this:
There are some nice performances all round, and the internal dramas which erupt between the various cast members make for some compellingly solid, if somewhat artificial drama. It's a highly watchable piece of early 80s excess, silly perhaps, but undeniably fun
Spinning Image says,
I'll say this for this determinedly miserable film, it doesn't do anything by halves

No comments:

Post a Comment