Sunday, December 11, 2022

Bottle Rocket

Bottle Rocket is a 1996 Wes Anderson-directed film -his debut- starring Owen Wilson, Luke Wilson, and James Caan. I have the DVD, but it's also available on HBO Max. It has a scene in it that takes place during the Christmas holidays.

trailer:



Criterion calls it "charming, hilarious, affectionate". The Hollywood Reporter has a positive review. Empire calls it "smart". Roger Ebert says it's ideal for "An audience that knows about the realities of low-budget independent filmmaking". Rotten Tomatoes has a critics consensus score of 85%.

14 comments:

  1. ...strange to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I've seen this. I knew the name sounded familiar. Have a great Sunday Nita.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good one to watch, nice to be uplifted this time of year 😊. Happy wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting how many non-Christmas movies have a scene that takes place during the season.

      Delete
  5. I love Wes Anderson -- I don't know how I missed this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was early, and I don't see it mentioned much.

      Delete
  6. I love Wes Anderson and I have no idea how I missed this one. A great cast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds HILARIOUS. I laughed at James Caan's shoes and socks in his first scene. And I'm not normally a fan of comedy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comedy's never my first pick, either, but Wes Anderson has a way with it.

      Delete