Thursday, August 13, 2020

The Limping Man

The Limping Man is a 1953 British film noir starring Lloyd Bridges.



Noir of the Week concludes,
There are some fine scenes in the film, including a television party (remember when people entertained guests if they were lucky enough to own a television set before such home entertainment products were commonplace!) crashed by Frank and Pauline as they flee from the police. Beware the Hollywood ending that mars an otherwise fine and entertaining "B" as in British picture.

10 comments:

  1. ...I remember going to a great aunt's house to watch TV before my grandmother had one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a b&w tv in a cabinet with doors that closed. We had it for _ages_. It had tubes and had to warm up. And there were only 4 channels, and they went off the air by midnight. Fun times lol

      Delete
  2. I always think of Lloyd Bridges from Sea Hunt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he had a career outside that. Who knew! lol

      Delete
  3. Not a film I know. My aunt bought a small TV for the Coronation of Elizabeth, the whole neighbourhood watched through the window, which was removed for the day. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool memories of days when TVs weren't everywhere :)

      Delete
  4. I like Lloyd Bridges. He seemed to me to be a day to earth actor. But I do t know and surely appearances can deceive us happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing, I remember Lloyd Bridges for the old western movies 😀. Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was active over a long period and seems to've done a variety of films

      Delete