Tuesday, January 29, 2013

New Hunan


The New Hunan buffet is one of my favorite places to eat, but The Husband had never been there. I told him recently that we were going, and he was a good sport about it. We each had the lunch buffet and a nice pot of green tea. No fan of Chinese food, he tried all the meat options, an egg roll and banana pudding. I got a little bit of almost everything that wasn't meat and skipped dessert.


Their menu is online here, but I've never ordered from the menu. I get the buffet every time. We paid $18 including tax but not including the tip.

Dining With Monkeys says, "I’m not a huge fan of buffets, but as far as buffets go, New Hunan is pretty good." It gets so-so reviews at Yelp.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not a buffet fan either. Your post made me want to go out for Chinese food tho and I haven't even had breakfast. I could always have Jook - I like that.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i had to look up "jook". here in memphis, "jookin'" is a dance lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adahztnSaq4
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangsta_Walking

      not that _i_ can do it...

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:57 AM

    I like that "good sport" part...
    -- A Pal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bein' a good sport is such a good thing ;)

      Delete