Thursday, January 24, 2013

Commercial Appeal Paywall Down


just temporarily, mind you, but for now you can access as many of their stories as you'd like without bumping your nose on a brick wall when you reach the 10-per-month limit.

The question is this: Why should I care??? I've gotten used to not clicking on CA links since they instituted the paywall. Why should I get back into the habit "temporarily"?

I'll be honest, I got disgusted with the CA several years ago when we tried to subscribe and couldn't get them to deliver it. We kept calling, they kept saying they'd look into it, and then we got a bill. They said our carrier had been delivering it to the wrong address. Then the carrier started calling us before dawn every morning to tell us he had just delivered our newspaper. We talked to the CA folks, who admitted that behavior was inexcusable, but by then we were fed up.

They keep outsourcing to India anyway, so I don't even feel like I'm doing something to support local jobs by subscribing to it.

I quit their Facebook page because they kept posting links and then not letting me through. I don't need the CA. I certainly don't need temporary access.

The picture at the top of the post is from Wikipedia.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:57 AM

    AND ... even at the best of times, you can only access bits of the daily paper. Who needs 'em?
    -- A Pal

    ReplyDelete