Sunday, January 06, 2013

Epiphany


We three kings of Orient are
Bearing gifts we traverse afar.
Field and fountain, moor and mountain,
Following yonder star.

O star of wonder, star of night,
Star with royal beauty bright,
Westward leading, still proceeding,
Guide us to thy perfect Light.

We celebrate Christmas through all 12 days, so we're just now moving into Epiphany. The 3 Kings are finally in place at the nativity scene, and the Christmas decorations (except for the creche) have been put into the attic.

The pieces pictured above -except for the paper angel- are mine from when I was in high school. I bought each piece and the stable separately. There are other pieces than those in the photo, but I didn't get the camels and extra sheep out this year. The angel was made by The Daughter when she was little, many years ago.

The Grandmother bought The Elder Son and The Daughter handmade ceramic nativity scenes when they were little but didn't do that for The Younger Son or my niece (The Evil Sister's only child, who is the same age as my youngest). The Younger Son will get this one when I no longer use it.

When the kids were growing up, I used to get out some wise men and star decorations and white candles for Epiphany, but I haven't done that for the past couple of years. I've always enjoyed decorating for the seasonal changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment