Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Three Coins in the Fountain

I remember the first time I saw Three Coins in the Fountain. It was on late-night tv when I was a child, and I loved it! I would watch it whenever I saw that it was playing again but hadn't seen it in ages until tonight when The Daughter suggested we watch it. She had never seen it before. It's a 1954 romance directed by Jean Negulesco and starring Clifton Webb, Dorothy McGuire, Jean Peters, Louis Jourdan, Rossanno Brazzi and Maggie McNamara. The other starring role is Italy, with beautiful views of Rome, Venice and the Italian countryside.

trailer:


The New York Times ends its review with this: ""Three Coins in the Fountain" is quite clearly a film in which the locale comes first. However, the nonsense of its fable tumbles nicely within the picture frame." AMVTV has some information, as does TCM.

No comments:

Post a Comment