Monday, December 05, 2016

Hip Exercises

These are the hip-specific exercises I've chosen in my effort to improve my fitness. VeryWell.com has hip-strengthening exercises here and here.

The rest of these are videos. This one is a series of floor exercises from Michelle Kenway, a Physiotherapist:



These are done seated and standing in the beginning before moving to the floor:



This video -like the one above- is a set of exercises from Doctor Jo for hip arthritis:



These are Doctor Jo's exercises for osteoporosis, but focus on the hip:



These physical therapists demonstrate three hip-strengthening exercises:




It's sometimes hard to divide these exercises into categories, because some of the videos I use are more generally for lower body strength, but these do target the hips.



2 comments:

  1. I was watching a PBS entry on hip exercises the other day. So glad to know these are also available. Thanks for sharing them. I might try one or two that don't require me being on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to hear how they work for you. I do the standing ones in addition to floor exercises, and you can always hold onto a chair if you need a bit of support for balance. I can tell I'm getting stronger.

      Delete