Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Tears of the Giraffe

This book is the second one in Alexander McCall Smith's series on the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency. I re-read the first one recently. I like these books. I like the main characters, I like the episodic style, I like the set-up of the woman who uses her inherited cattle to fund the first detective agency in Botswana run by women, I like the descriptions of Africa....

from the back of the book:

Precious Ramotswe is the eminently sensible and cunning proprietor of the only ladies' detective agency in Botswana. In Tears of the Giraffe she tracks a wayward wife, uncovers an unscrupulous maid, and searches for an American man who disappeared into the plains many years ago. In the midst of resolving uncertainties, pondering her impending marriage to a good, kind man, Mr. J. L. B. Matekoni, and the promotion of her talented secretary (a graduate of the Botswana Secretarial College, with a mark of 97 per cent), she also finds her family suddenly and unexpectedly increased by two.

No comments:

Post a Comment