Thursday, October 27, 2022

Monsters (2010)

Monsters is a 2010 post-apocalyptic horror/science fiction film, where a NASA probe has crashed in Mexico leading to the appearance of enormous alien creatures that are now spreading. This is a great entry into the monster movie category of the horror genre. Plex has links to where you can see it streaming.

trailer:



Roger Ebert's site gives it a positive review and says, "It's based on characters, relationships, fear and mostly unseen menace, and although the movie's special effects are important, it's not about special effects." The Guardian calls it "a thrilling postmodern sci-fi film". Empire Online closes a positive review by calling it "sci-fi filmmaking at its best."

8 comments:

  1. I have Fire TV and Roku, so I will look for this. I may need to add Plex to my tv list. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The JustWatch website can be helpful, too.
      https://www.justwatch.com/us/movie/monsters

      Delete
  2. Where do you find all these horror films? Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look for them lol "Best" lists and such online.

      Delete
  3. ...tis the season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Won't be long before I'll be looking for Christmas movies...

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I thought so. I'm glad I found this one.

      Delete