Sunday, October 16, 2022

1 BR

1 BR is a 2019 horror film about a young woman who wants to start a new life in Los Angeles. She finds the perfect apartment only to find out the residents will do anything to make her join their cult. I watched it on Netflix.

trailer:


Rotten Tomatoes has a critics consensus score of 88%. Roger Ebert's site ends a positive review with this: "There’s a light at the end of the tunnel for Sarah, and seeing her claw her way to it is often fun, albeit in a gasp-inducing sort of way."

14 comments:

  1. ...a bit like the Republican party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And just when I was thinking of giving up Netflix because there doesn't seem to be anything good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went through that, but I discovered that Netflix is the place for the K-Dramas I've grown to love. There's always more on my list there...

      Delete
  3. Nope! I'm a bit too fragile right now to watch something like this! You go, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't used to watch horror at all, and that time may come back. I'm into it now, though ;)

      Delete
  4. This sounds very spooky to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. Anytime a cult comes after you...

      Delete
  5. Cults are horror! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like the environment Kansas is living in right now. The Republican running for governor wants to overturn our fought for right to abortion. I worry because KS is SO red!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's scary living in Tennessee. Have you heard our state legislature is all up in arms over reports our schools are placing litter boxes in hallways for Furries so the children who identify as cats can use them? I swear, they _believe_ that's happening. It'd be laughable if it wasn't sooo ignorant :(

      Delete
  7. Nope. No cults. It's bad enough just living in the USA and seeing them all around us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It amazes me what some people will believe :(

      Delete