Thursday, August 25, 2022

Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)

Breakfast at Tiffany's is an award-winning 1961 film adaptation of Truman Capote's book by the same name. It's directed by Blake Edwards and stars Audrey Hepburn, George Peppard, Patricia Neal, Buddy Ebsen, Martin Balsam, Mickey Rooney (playing a Japanese man), and John McGiver. Don't expect it to be faithful to the book. I watched it on Amazon Prime. I'm not a big fan for several reasons. It has not aged well, in my opinion, but that may just be because of Mickey Rooney.

trailer:



Rotten Tomatoes has an audience consensus rating of 91%.

18 comments:

  1. A memorable film! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen it, but never understood the raves about it. Now it's in the pass pile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Audrey Hepburn, what a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's something else :) definitely beautiful.

      Delete
  4. I am sure I saw this probably on Turner Classic years ago, but don't really remember it. Now that I have Prime, I know I'll be able to watch it in the event I choose to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just heard that trigger laws officially went into effect in your state. I knew it was coming, but it's sad that a few old me can control our bodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're heartbroken here. Women will die because of this. I don't know how people can continue to vote for Republicans these days :(

      Delete
  6. Not my favorite either -- and I think you might have nailed it on Mickey Rooney. But Audrey is Audrey -- and she is lovely and fills every character she plays, including Holly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a bright spot :) in anything she's in.

      Delete
  7. Audrey Hepburn is such a truly glamorous woman. I'm not sure how her style aged, but then I don't know when she stopped appearing in films. Hope it was a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her last movie was in 1989, but her style was classic. I don't think her style aged at all, but I may have romanticized her just a bit :)

      Delete
  8. This is one of my favorites. My mom and I would watch it at least once a year together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had heard of it but never seen it before.

      Delete
  9. Audrey Hepburn always so lovely.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete